Last updated 01 January 2023
- “Personal Information” referred to in this policy means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. Examples of Personal Information are name, gender, date of birth, home address, home or personal telephone numbers, email address and workplace contact details. Personal Information may also include information We may collect about your individual preferences.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
2.2 Information you provide to Hurricane
- Contact Information: includes name, role at Our customer’s business, email address, phone number, mobile number and business address.
- Correspondence Information:includes email or mail correspondence, call recordings and notes of conversations.
- Experience Information:includes information about your experience in business, where you choose to provide this to Us.
- Payment Information:When you provide credit card details to your account, We use a third-party service provider to collect and store your payment information.
2.2 Information We collect when customers use Our services
- Usage Information: includes information about how you use Our website and services.
- Technical Information:includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the website.
- Third-party information: where you link a third-party account to your customer account with Us, We may receive additional information about you.
- Customer content:As part of Our offering, We provide a platform on which you can host data that is controlled by your organisation. In doing so, We act as a data processor only and Our obligations in respect of that are detailed in Our agreement with you and Our Terms and Conditions. You remain the controller of that information and it is your responsibility for determining how that data is used.
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use the Personal Information collected, as the law allows Us to. Most commonly We will use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- To provide, maintain and improve the functionality of the website and Our services to you, including the provision of information to you, relating to the content available;
- To communicate with you in response to questions or queries and otherwise provide customer support;
- To verify your identity;
- To market Our products, services or updates of those products or services including promotions or advertising materials that may be useful or relevant or otherwise of interest to you;
- To send you any technical, administrative or legal notices important to Our website or services;
- To facilitate payment transactions;
- For internal record keeping including website or service usage, maintaining databases and administration of Our products and services;
- For compliance purposes as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or to enforce Our terms and conditions or other legal right, or as requested by any judicial process or government agency; and
- For other purposes We may specify at the time the information is collected.
For the purposes described above, Personal Information may be shared with selected Hurricane service providers, promotional partners and their related bodies corporate, and other trusted third parties (and their directors, servants, contractors and agents) either in Australia or overseas. Failure to provide Personal Information may result in Hurricane being unable to provide you with certain services, content, information, upcoming opportunity, promotion, offer, event or product and/or accept contact (where applicable).
- SENSITIVE INFORMATION
Personal Information will not be collected about any person who is known by Hurricane to be under the age of eighteen (18) without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Persons under the age of eighteen (18) may only use Our website and services with the involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian.
We may share or otherwise disclose Personal Information We collect from you or about you, in accordance with clause 3 above, as described below or otherwise disclosed to you at the time of collection:
- Our IT support and hosting companies, providing Us with IT services;
- Google Analytics or similar, for analysis or website use;
- Third-Party service providers retained in connection with the provision of Our website and services;
- Third-party App Integrations that you choose to connect to your account on Our website or services;
- Social networking platforms or other online services that you choose to connect to Our website or services (such as facebook, Instagram, Yelp). You understand and agree that use of such social networking websites will be governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your Personal Information and treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow Our third-party service providers to use your Personal Information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your Personal Information for specified purposes and in accordance with Our instructions.
Some of Our third-party service providers have servers or operations based outside of Australia. Where they do, We ask that they have appropriate protections in place so that We know all Personal Information will be looked after as though it were subject to Australia’s privacy laws.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- COMMUNITY SITES
- DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally list, used or access in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your data on Our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. However, as Our services are hosted electronically, We can make no guarantees as to the security of privacy of your information.
- YOUR RIGHT OF ACCESS
- CHANGING OR DELETING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- In the same way, a request may be made to delete or anonymise Personal Information and all reasonable steps will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion or anonymisation may result in Us being unable to facilitate or provide you with information about certain transaction or inability to provide you with Our Services or access to Our website.
- HURRICANE CONTACT DETAILS
Address: Privacy Officer
Hurricane Digital Pty Ltd t/as Hurricane Digital
Suite 32, Level 3
131 Leichhardt Street
Spring Hill QLD 4000
Telephone: (07) 3132 8715